Why Guys Like to Have their Hands in their Pants
You're home after a long day of work. You strip off your work clothes and get on those oversized gym shorts and that worn out t-shirt from sophomore year of college that somehow still fits. You grab a nice cold drink from the fridge, plop onto the couch, turn on the TV, and slide your hand down your pants. Ah, an all to familiar sight that many men...and their partner's can attest to. Just why is it that men like to have their hands down there?
According to a study published in Frontiers in Psychology, non-erotically rubbing parts of your body releases oxytocin which leads to a calming effect. This makes sense if you note that some of the prime times when men are placing their hands in their pants are while on the couch or in bed.
I interviewed 5 men between the ages of 21 and 46 and asked them their reasons for sticking their hands in their pants. This is what I learned:
1) "It feels so warm and nice in my pants, why wouldn't I want to have them [my hands] in there?" - J.B., 24.
2) "It feels good to casually rub my foreskin while watching TV." - F.L., 32.
3) "Having my hand down there just feels comfortable." - A.M., 46
4) "I have always had a hand in my pants while I was falling asleep. It feels natural." - A.S., 21.
5) "It's like a relief at the end of the day...the ultimate sign of relaxation." - T.K, 24